• Truck Insurance for 1-100+ vehicles
  • Most vehicle types
  • Carriers of Own Goods & General Haulage work
  • Specialist packages for Tipper & Mixer franchisees
  • UK and Continental Truck Insurance Cover
  • Immediate Cover Available 
  • Low Cost Instalment Plans
  • Exclusive schemes for HGV Insurance 
  • Goods in Transit & Liability Insurance Packages from £212.00 inc IPT
  • Personal Accident & Sickness cover 
  • Business Legal Expenses Cover
  • NOTE : We Do Not offer short period policies including vehicles transported from the U.K to mainland Europe 

September 2016


Changes to driving licences read more

Tipper & Mixer Quarry Package - For Franchisees & Independent Operators

  • Comprehensive vehicle cover
  • Goods in Transit
  • Public Liability £10m 
  • Third Party Property Damage £10m
  • Airside Liability cover £10m
  • Legal Expenses cover 
  • Tippers - Tipping risks included
  • Concrete Mixers - Cover for loss of drum & solidification of load
  • Packages tailored to meet your needs
  • Package prices from; 44 tonnes £1559; 32 tonnes £1492; 26 tonnes £1305;     18 tonnes £1202

Fleets of 5+ vehicles

  • FREE Excess Protect cover - Excess reimbursement for fault claims 
  • MONEY BACK - Low Claims Rebate up to 12.5%* of your motor premium if your claims performance is good. 

   *Terms and Conditions apply

Be a Smart driver with Smart Witness....


Save money on your Truck Insurance premium and protect yourself against motor insurance fraud with a Smart Witness vehicle journey recorder camera - Quick and easy to install and operate - read more...

What are the advantages of dealing with Ratcliffes?

We understand the transport industry; we understand your needs.This is so important when arranging Truck Insurance cover - After all how can you be sure that you are getting the right insurance cover if you’ve only been quoted a price?

We are confident that not only will our price for Truck Insurance be competitive but more importantly cover will be tailored to meet your Insurance needs.
We offer a comprehensive customer service throughout the policy year backed up by our own dedicated claims department.

Proud Sponsers of Truckfest 2016 - Best Company Owned Vehicle award

We have been involved with the transport industry over many years as a specialist truck insurance broker and we have been a regular sponsor of Truckfest.

This year we are the proud sponsors of the prestigious Best Company Owned Vehicle award. Truckfest host the events for those involved in road transport to look at what is new, exciting and important within the industry.

There are a variety of events in the main arena including the ever popular monster trucks, extensive industry exhibits and hundreds of competitors competing in the cherished truck awards. Click here for more on Truckfest

Fast Facts on Truck Insurance

I am just starting my own transport business with one vehicle, what Insurance covers would you recommend?

We do not take the 'one box fits all' approach, after all everyone’s Truck Insurance needs are different.
Before making our Insurance recommendations we need to understand your business in order to ascertain your needs.

The Insurance cover you require depends on many different factors.
This includes your own circumstances, the type of work you do, type of vehicle that you operate, nature of goods you carry, if you employ other drivers, etc.

As a guide to Truck Insurance you will need cover for;

  • Your Commercial Vehicle including trailer cover (where required)
  • Goods in Transit
  • Public Liability
  • Employers liability(if you have regular or casual employees)
  • Legal Expenses cover

Other recommendations include:

  • Accident & Sickness cover
  • Vehicle Breakdown cover
  • Loss of Use cover
  • Continental Medical Expenses Insurance cover - (if you are involved in regular continental work)

How do I decide what level of goods in transit insurance I need?

You need to arrange insurance cover which meets the extent of your financial liability to your customer. In other words the amount you would become financially responsible to your customer for in the event of a loss.

This could be for the full value of the goods carried, this cover is known as `All Risks' or `Full Responsibility'.This insurance cover is often arranged by carriers of lower value goods such as quarry materials, building construction materials, tipper work. Specialist carriers of high value goods such as Plant, Machinery, Cars, Boats, Portable Buildings etc. often also require this cover. 

The alternative is to adopt conditions of carriage such as RHA (Road Haulage Association) or FTA (Freight Transport Association) Conditions of carriage which restrict your financial responsibility to your customer to an agreed amount per tonne.
This protects you from unknowingly being underinsured as the actual value of goods is not relevant from the carrier’s point of view. They are most often adopted by carriers of general goods within the UK.

For international movements of goods by road CMR cover applies, even if you are only involved in the UK leg of the journey.

  • Operators Licences, Decisions on Operators Licences, DVSA - Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (formerly VOSA) and Maintaining Your Truck
  • Before you can operate your truck or arrange truck insurance cover you'll need to apply for, and obtain an operators licence read more...


Great Truck Insurance deals this month    -  

Call us now 

We can cover; 
-Most occupations
-Own goods or haulage use
-Most vehicle types/weights 
-Single & multi vehicle policies   
Comprehensive Truck Insurance 
for Haulage Contractors 
Goods in Transit & Liability from £212.00 

44 tonne 

Truck Insurance from £1108.00 
Packages from £1320.00  

32 tonne

Truck Insurance from £991.00 
Packages from £1203.00 

26 tonne 

Truck Insurance from £814.00 
Packages from £1026.00  

17.5 tonne 

Truck Insurance from £716.00
Packages from £928.00 

12 tonne

Truck Insurance from £716.00 
Packages from £928.00   

7.5 tonne

Truck Insurance from £636.00 
Packages from £848.00 


Tailored insurance policies to meet your needs.

`Package' refers to Comprehensive Motor Insurance cover, Goods in Transit, Combined Liability and Legal Expenses insurance cover. 

Premiums quoted include insurance premium tax at the current rate.

Call us today & challenge us to beat your existing truck insurance renewal quote

     rha_associate_logo      fta_member_logo   biba_logo    bv_iso_9001